Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

 Late again, I know. I hadn't actually planned on making one, but KathrineROID convinced me over on her blog Scribbling on the Computer to write it anyways. So I agreed, for accountability is good. Granted, it won't be anywhere near as long as hers.

 First, I'm going to try and write 500 words a day. It doesn't matter as much what I write, just as long as I write. You might get flooded with blog posts now. I'm also doing it because writing skills is a muscle, and inspiration comes while writing.

  I'm also going to try and do either a minimum of 15 push-ups, or a minimum of 30 push-ups a day. Or maybe work up to 30. Why? To build arm strength and general fitness. Why 30? It's the most I've managed to do in a single minute.

Thirdly, I'm going to attempt to finish the first draft of The Dying Words of Dick Elden, Galactic Gumshoe by the end of the year. The reason is that I have yet to finish a draft of a novel. A shame, I know. And an annoyance.

 Oh, I'll also be working on something titled Secret Project 001, something that has me more excited about writing fantasy since I finished reading LotR for the first time.


So, what are your resolutions?

6 comments:

  1. I have...absolutely zero resolutions. : P I'm not very good with that type of thing. I HOPE to get a book professionally published. Who knows, maybe it'll happen.

    If not, I'm going to try and finish my own fantasy trilogy, or at least finish rewriting the first book and finish the first draft of the second book.

    Good luck with your resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    Those could be resolutions if you wanted them to be. You can finish them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem.

    I guess they could be. I just don't think it's likely, but then again my self-esteem has taken a nosedive lately. I should probably have a resolution to get some more self-confidence too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Self-confidence is hard to get, I think it has to be worked be for.

    Start with small goals, I think. Accomplish them, and try some that are a bit bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're right.

    That's a good idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, I really enjoy hearing what others think about my projects.

However, I do reserve the right to delete any comments I find that do not apply.